Sunday, April 13, 2008

Look at Me! ( 13th April )




Hi Everyone,
I got a new bed! Its GINORMOROUS! Its a cot from the pediatric children's ward, and I look really tiny in it, but it holds me and all my toys. My friend Hector has one too. His is red and mine is silver. We are the two big boys of the ward. I heard the nurses saying that Hector might be moving over to the children's ward this week! Stink! Now who will I party and stay up all night with? He will stay there until he goes home, which hopefully won't be too much longer. Apparently I might go over there before I go home too, but we will have to wait and see what happens.

I didn't have a very good night last night (Sat 12th). I had been grumpy and upset all day. Even after a nice bath and Cuddle with Daddy I was still grumpy. Then my temperature got really high (40 deg!) and it became really hard to breathe. The nurses were thinking about putting me back on the ventilator and that wouldn't have been cool at all! They put me on some antibiotics and medicine and then gave me a blood top up. I started to feel much better after that. But it was a busy night with all the monitoring and xray's and stuff to make sure that little old me was ok. One of the horrible things was that they stopped my food, which of course made me more grumpy. I really like my food and I always know when it's dinner time. At least they restarted it again today.

I was really tired after all the fuss, so I have had quite a bit of sleep today. I woke up when Mummy came to visit me and was grumpy at first, but I felt better once I got turned over and Mummy started reading to me. We are reading the Wizard of Oz at the moment. Dorothy and her dog got picked up in their house by a tornado! And when they landed they squished a wicked witch. And now she is a hero. But she wants to go home so she is going to find the wizard of oz to see if he can help her. On her way to oz she has met a scarecrow with no brains, and a tin man with no heart. I wonder who else she will meet on the way?

Mummy also gave me a massage with lavender today and got out my activity gym for me to play with. I played with it for over 2 hours! I love looking at it and batting the objects so that they move. So as you might have guessed I am feeling much better today. Pretty much back to my old self.

With Love From ,
Mitchell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on big bed, thinking of you every day and can't wait to see you in person again soon! Grandad and Nan (currently in London)