Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Good Vibrations ( 22nd of Dec)



Hi All,
Well the Drs have given me a new toy. According to dad I am just like him and want all the gadgets I can get my hands on ....=0). I have been put on an oscillating ventilator. It is a ventilator that shakes my body so that it stimulates my lungs to open up more so that I can breathe better. It takes a while to get used to but is ok. Mummy didn't like to see me on it, it gave her a bit of a fright but she knew it was for the best. This ventilator is only for four days and for the few hours that I have been on it, everyone is please with how I am responding to it, so fingers crossed that this works for me. I am also having physio every 12 hours to help stimulate my lungs too.

My tummy is still looking good so they are looking at starting me on the milk again tomorrow which would be great. My heart valve doesn't sound like it has closed but they will do an ECHO (scan) on it on monday.

Mummy and Daddy have been telling me about christmas, and apparently I am getting a name for christmas. I always hear the nurses asking mummy and daddy if they have named me yet. They have said that they almost have a name for me, so some of the nurses have started calling me "Almost" which is kind of funny. I can't wait to find out what my name is though.

No comments: