Friday, February 29, 2008

Back from Surgery ( 29th Feb)



Hi All,

Surgery went great! And it was soo exciting! I was awake for the trip in the spaceship ( the travel incubator) where they took me over to the other building where the theatres are ( they didn't do it at the neonatl unit this time ). It was quite a long trip but I had my dummy so I was quite happy. And Mummy came with me too. And a Dr, a nurse, a gadget man and an orderly. As you can imagine I had quite an entourage and made other people get out of the way for us. I wish i had had a horn to beep at them. I was awake for the surgery as I had an epidural. I had a good suck on my dummy, a good look around and was very good for the dr's and nurses ( my parents will be proud).

My breathing was so excellent that I didn't need to go back on the ventilator either, and in fact since we came back I have needed even less oxygen. Mummy and Daddy haven't seen it in the 20 - 30% range in a long time, and maybe not ever! They are really proud of me. I think it was a combination of things. They gave me some steroids early this morning and then I had a really long Kangaroo cuddle with Mummy, which really chilled me out. It was about 2 1/2 hours long, and I slept really comfortably for most of it.

I got a cool present when I came back too. It is a little rubber ducky. A Mitchell size Rubber Ducky. There is a Mummy and a Daddy one too, but the baby one is a good size for me. He is cute to look at, especially when Mummy sings Ernie's Rubber Ducky song. I had a sort of bath yesterday that was lots of fun. I didn't like the hair washing bit much, but I loved it when the nurses put me in the water. I hope I have more of those, and can take my duck.


With Love From
Mitchell

No comments: