Thursday, June 19, 2008

Some Sort of Normality ( 19th June)




Hi All,

My daddy went back to work this week. He has been spending the last few weeks with me and it has been very cool. We talk about boys stuff. Well, Daddy talks and I listen... most of the time. I have started finding my voice a bit this week and have been using it to make lots of interesting noises. I invent a new one every day and when Daddy comes in at night I illustrate todays noise. I do miss seeing Daddy during the day but it does give me something to look forward to at the end of the day.

With Daddy going back to work it means that Mummy and I are getting back into our old routines which are ok. We have started reading the Magic Faraway Tree. It is a great story and has nice pictures. I have already tried to rip one of the pages out to see if it tastes as good as it looks but Mummy was too quick and spied my plan. She says that the book is pretty old cos she got it when she was a kid so I have to be careful with it, but where's the fun in that?

I am also having great fun in removing my nose prongs. This columbian CPAP makes it much easier for me to do it. Its a great game, because if I do it when no one is looking, the alarms go off and people have to come and see what is wrong. All I have to do is either twist my head a certain way or reach up and pull them out of my nose. I have scratched my nose a few times doing it that way even though Mummy cuts my fingernails about once a week. It does sting a bit. But people are catching on and some nurses tape them to my face. I think thats cheating.

I have seen the neurodevelopment therapist ( what a mouthful!) this week to see where I am at with my milestones and developing my motor skills. I am doing very well. I am doing pretty much everything I should be and there are even some things that I am ahead of schedule on! She has given Mummy and Daddy some ideas on what they should be doing with me so it will be interesting to see what surprises are around the corner. She also made mention of bringing me some new toys.....=0)

I have been pretty well health wise, with just one hiccup where I have started spilling (being sick) after some of my feeds. In one Day I was sick on one of the nurses from 1m away (yes I am proud of that one), All over my mum and then aimed for my aunty ( and missed ). I have never really done it before so they have changed me back to feeding every 3 hours instead of every 4 so that there is less going into my tummy.


With Love From
Mitchell

No comments: